Blackstone Repair

Crappyice

Lo The wet fall and winter (and minimal use) has put a hurting on my cooking surface. No rust but I have some scaling and areas no longer seasoned.

I tried  to reseason  it a few months back but were never able to get back to the original sheen. 

What am I doing wrong?

IMG_6773.jpegIMG_6772.jpegIMG_6771.jpeg

I bought one of those cleaning stones. Worked pretty good.  Then I got sheets of emery cloth.  Use ample water when sanding. The EC will clog if there's too much crud left.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I also cant seem to get mine to "take" the seasoning after a restoration. I'm just going to keep cooking on it and see how she goes

I'm due for a complete restore. What methods did you use to get it back to bare metal?

Just spent a hr on mine with pumice stone and scouring pad. Not prefect, but good enough to cook on it later. 

IMG_20240407_141106514.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mowin said:

I'm due for a complete restore. What methods did you use to get it back to bare metal?

Just spent a hr on mine with pumice stone and scouring pad. Not prefect, but good enough to cook on it later. 

IMG_20240407_141106514.jpg

I scrubbed and scraped. Like Crappy I couldn't get all the black layer off. I need a stone

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I scrubbed and scraped. Like Crappy I couldn't get all the black layer off. I need a stone

I'm thinking I'm gonna try a wire wheel on my cordless drill.  

Couldn't get everything off with the stone either.